db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Derby Introspection - Is there a way to browse derby functions
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 00:27:46 GMT
Hi Amir:
     Hope all is well. This is Lily Wei from derby-dev and derby-user.

>Does Derby stores "create functions" is some system catalog that the user is
>able to browse?  Get the function type , the operands etc?
I think you may be able to get some information you need about function by the following
system catalogs query:
select s.schemaname, a.alias, a.javaclassname from sys.sysschemas s, sys.sysaliases a where
a.schemaid = s.schemaid and a.aliastype = 'F' or you can get function information by invoking
DatabaseMetaData.getFunctions().

> If so,  is something like this also available for builit-in functions?
Here is some documentation about built-in function:
Java DB supports upper, lower, concat, substring, like, length, trim; see SQL-99 and SQL-2003
features including data types are mapped to Derby, section E021.

Hope this help!

Best Regards,
Lily