db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Peri Tarr <peri.t...@gmail.com>
Subject does the network server correctly handle windows shutdown?
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:29:24 GMT
I'm deploying Derby as a network server on a few Windows (XP) machines. I
can handle automatic startup via the Windows startup folders, but there's no
shutdown folder, and I can't rely on the machine owners to remember to issue
the Derby shutdown command before they shut down or reboot their machines.

Does Derby handle machine shutdowns that occur while it's still running, or
do I need to find a way to get stopnetworkserver run before normal
shutdowns/reboots?

Many thanks!
     Peri