db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby 10.5.1.1 regression
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:36:04 GMT
Brett Wooldridge wrote:
> I have obtained a server-side trace of the failure.

Hi Brett,

I haven't decoded the DRDA trace, but do you happen to have the stack
trace for the XJ001 SQLException as well?
Also, how is the value of the CLOB columns being set? (i.e.
setCharacterStream or setString)
Is there anything else in derby.log that looks suspicious?

Regards,
--
Kristian

> I included a statement preceding the failure because it might be
> relevant.  There is an 'insert' into the table upon which the
> subsequent 'select' fails.  Both occur on the same connection, but are
> separated by an XA commit managed by Bitronix JTA.  The 'insert' and
> subsequent 'select' occur on two separate client threads --
> sequentially.  The 'insert' succeeds, signals another thread via event
> mechanism, which subsequently issues the 'select' -- coincidentally
> (but typically due to low system activity) on the same connection
> obtained from a connection pool.
>
>        (2009.7.30 5:47:28) Request fill DRDAConnThread_7 5
[snip - DRDA trace ]