db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: deleting database
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:39:04 GMT
Hi Sridhar,

Some responses inline...

sridhar devatha wrote:
> Hi Rick Hillegas,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. I just want some more information
> regarding derby.
> I want to move this database directory from my home directory. I use
> windows xp professional. My c drive is not having enough space. So, it
> is not good to put the database in my home directory. Moreover, When I
> have to install I will format my c drive. So, I need a way to tell
> derby to store databases in some other location.
You can use the derby.system.home system property to tell Derby where to
put your databases. For more information, please see the following
section of the Derby Developer's Guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/devguide/devguide-single.html#cdevdvlp27610

> I am having 2 more problems with derby is that I am unable to start
> derby network server using derbynet.jar and derbyrun.jar. At present,
> What is working is thru setNetworkServerCP,startNetworkServer and
> stopNetworkServer. Can you or any body help me in this issues?
What command are you using to bring up the server and what error are you
seeing?

Thanks,
-Rick