db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Damian Hofmann <damian.hofm...@gmx.ch>
Subject How to set default isolation level
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:49:05 GMT
Hi,

I have a question about isolation levels. In the chapter "Configuring
isolation levels" the Derby Developer's Guide mentions, that the default
isolation level for new connections is CS (TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED).
It also states, that if the isolation level is set to RR the connection
inherits the isolation level TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE, which is the
right one for me. But I can't figure out how I change the default
isolation level.

Is there a way to change the  default isolation level so every new
connection will inherit TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE? Or do I have to set
this isolation level for every transaction manually?

Thanks
Damian