db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Embedded Server *and* client
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2009 00:52:17 GMT
> I was thinking that some low level tracing had been enabled, too, but
> I'm confident I haven't enabled it. Perhaps it gets enabled
> automatically when some severe condition is encountered.

That's certainly possible, but I'm not aware of such a behavior. Perhaps
somebody else on this list knows of ways that might occur.

I'm also not very familiar with the JDK 1.6 autoloaded driver; perhaps
this tracing behavior is specific to that.

Can you whittle down your code to a small-enough case that you could
post it, so that others could try to reproduce the behavior you're seeing?

Meanwhile, these are the ways that I'm aware of that might have
enabled such tracing, just in case you want to triple-check that
you haven't accidentally enabled one of them:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/adminguide/cadminappsclienttracing.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/adminguide/radminconfig.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/adminguide/radminconfigdb2jdrdatracedirectory.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/adminguide/tadminconfigsettingnetwrokserverproperties.html