db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Call for Participation: OpenSQL Camp at FrOSCon (St. Augustin, Germany, 22+23 August 2009)
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:19:43 GMT
Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> OpenSQL Camp is a free conference of, by, and for the open-source database
> community of users and developers. The OpenSQLCamp 2009, European Edition
> (http://opensqlcamp.org/) will take part in parallel to the Free and Open
> Source Conference 2009 (http://froscon.org/) on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd
> August in St. Augustin, Germany, which is located close to Bonn and Cologne.
>
> The goal of this event is to spread the word about the vibrant communities and
> large ecosystems that exist around Open Source Databases and to educate the
> attendees about possible alternatives to commercial databases. It is a place
> where people come to learn, to participate and to contribute.
>
> We would like to invite your project to participate in this event.
>
> We've set up a call for participation
> (http://opensqlcamp.org/Events/2009/Call_for_Participation) - the deadline for
> submitting your proposal is *July 19th*.
>
> We are seeking talks related to Open Source Databases of all kind, not just
> relational databases! Submission about tools and technologies related to OSS
> databases (e.g. connectors/APIs) are also welcome.
>
> Some ideas and for submissions:
>
>  * An introduction/overview about a certain database project/product or
>    related tool
>  * Providing "best practices" information for administrators
>  * A deeply technical and developer-centric session about some project's
>    internals or an API used to connect to a database
>
> We look forward to your contribution! Please don't hesitate to contact us via
> IRC (#opensqlcamp on FreeNode) or our Discussion Group
> (http://groups.google.com/group/opensqlcamp)

Hello,

I'll be attending FrOSCon, and will also submit a talk for Apache Derby.

At the moment, it looks like the talk will be an overview of Apache
Derby, information about the new features in the latest release, and a
little bit about the Apache Derby community.

If any of the users or developers have requests for something they would
like to be included in the talk, feel free to post a suggestion. I can't
guarantee anything (the proposal also have to be accepted by the
organizers), but I will consider the suggestions.

Anyone else going to FrOSCon?

Regards,
--
Kristian