db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alessandro Bottoni <alexbott...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: How would you implement a record-level versioning system with Derby and Java?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 14:48:14 GMT
Peter Ondruška ha scritto:
> Actually I would store the history values outside the main table for
> performance and storage overhead reasons (history table may have
> additional columns, e.g. When-who-etc for auditing information). Peter

Yep... This has to be kept into account, actually, and it makes the
whole thing a little bit more complicated...

Thanks for this suggestion, Peter.

--

Alessandro Bottoni
Website: http://www.alessandrobottoni.it/

Who wants to remember that escape-x-alt-control-left shift-b puts you
into super-edit-debug-compile mode?
     -- (Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of
commands, especially Emacs.)