db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alan Burlison <Alan.Burli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Derby replication seems to be mostly useless
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:02:12 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:

> Before we do that though, I notice that you are specifying the
> securityMechanism=8 on the client connect here. Just a long shot, did
> you try without that setting?

I didn't, and I just have - and it seems to work, or at least the
startSlave connect hangs as I would expect.  I'll go through my code and
modify it to do the same before claiming victory though.

I thought that the securityMechanism was mandatory on client connections
if the database had been created with it enabled?

And what is also puzzling is Knut's example uses securitymechanism on
the connect, and that works...

--
Alan Burlison