db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Close Derby DB
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:49:24 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> 'C:/MyDB' not found seems to indicate that the database hasn't been
> created yet. Are you using the exact same string as in the connect
> statement where you created the database?

You also get the "not found"  message if you do not first boot the
database before trying to shut down, which can be confusing, so if you
are writing a program to just shutdown the database, you have to have
two DriverManager.getConnection() lines, one to establish a connection
and the second, probably in a try/catch block to  shutdown the
database.  I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but I wasn't that
sure from the response that it was tried, so thought I would mention it
again.

It might be worthwhile filing an improvement request to either improve
the message when shutdown is attempted on a database that is not booted
or actually boot it before shutting down.
Kathey