db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Close Derby DB
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:18:28 GMT
sivagururaja wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Derby DB version 10_5_1_1 and NetBeans 6.5.
> My problem is, I am not able to properly close the database connection.
>
> I am creating a connection, statement and record set for fetching a records
> from a table.
> After wards, i am closing record set, statement and finally the connection
> objects.
>
> But still the tmp and db.lck files exits. How can i properly close the
> connection?
>
> Regards
> Sivagururaja.

Hi Sivaguraraja,

 From your description, it sounds as though you have successfully closed
the ResultSet, Statement, and Connection. However, the database is still
booted. The database does not automatically shut down when the last
Connection closes. Instead, you need to shut down the database
explicitly. You can find the instructions for doing that here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/tdevdvlp40464.html

Hope this helps,
-Rick