db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alan Burlison <Alan.Burli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Checking if a db is open without actually opening it
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 19:14:53 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Please never remove the lock file or any file under the database
> directory manually.  Removing the lock file will allow dual boot which
> will corrupt your database.

On a slightly related note, I'm struggling to get replication to work,
getting an error when I start up the slave:

DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XRE09, SQLERRMC: Cannot start
replication slave mode for database 'opensolaris'. The database has
already been booted. [XRE09]

It hasn't - I started the slave with no database directory at all, so
there is no way it could be locked.  I think this error is because I'm
copying everything under the database directory from the master to the
slave, and that includes the lock files.  The replication documents just
say to freeze the master and then 'Copy the database to the slave
location', I think they need to be more explicit about exactly what
files need to be copied from the master to the slave.

--
Alan Burlison