db-derby-user mailing list archives

From sivagururaja <sivagurur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Close Derby DB
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:12:47 GMT

Thanks Kathey,

Actually i followed these two ways,
Properties p = new Properties();
p.setProperty("shutdown", "true");
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:C:/MyDB;user=un;password=pw", p);

and
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:C:/MyDB;user=un;password=pw;shutdown=true");
But nothing seems to work.

Kathey Marsden wrote:

> You actually have to boot the database before you shut it down, so prior
> to your shutdown, you would need to first connect with:
>
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:C:/MyDB;user=un;password=pw");
> then you should be able to shut down with the command above.

Can i mention the "shutdown=true", after creating a connection. If yes, can
you please tell me how?

I know a little oracle. In that the schema will control a lot of permissions
like table level access.
In my case, i can't able to shutdown my derby database properly. Is't
because of "APP" schema.
Can some one please help me to solve this issue.

Regards
Sivagururaja.