Hi there,

I have two separate derby databases on the same machine and on one of them, I only have read rights while I have all rights on the other. Is it at all possible for me to create either a database link between the two so that I can query one of the databases or is it possible for me create VIEWS on the db where I have all the rights so that I can query the db where I only have read rights?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Mwiinga

Emunio Consulting Ltd

Registered Office:

The Bix Building

Smith Centre

The Fairmile

Henley on Thames

Oxfordshire

RG9 6AB

Registered in England and Wales no 4857520

( Office:  +44 (0) 8702 408874

( Fax:     +44 (0) 1491 635755

* Email:   danny.mwiinga@emunioconsulting.com

:  Web:   www.emunioconsulting.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this email and you must notify the sender immediately and delete the email. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Emunio Consulting Ltd.

This email has been scanned for viruses, however, it is not guaranteed to be virus free and Emunio Consulting Ltd accepts no responsibility for any consequences of passing on any virus. Emunio may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation.

Emunio Consulting Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales (Company Registration Number 4857520) and its registered address is The Bix Building, Smith Centre, The Fairmile, Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 6AB