db-derby-user mailing list archives

From George H <george....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: J9 + Encrypted Embedded Database
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:05:52 GMT
Hi,

I have no idea about J9 but I have created encrypted derby databases and I
think your missing some parameters.

dataEncryption=true;
bootPassword="blabla";
encryptionProvider=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE;
encryptionAlgorithm=DESede/CBC/NoPadding;

The above will get you a somewhat decent encrypted DB.. if you consider DES
as decent. You'd need to change the privider and algorithm to apply a strong
crypt.

Hope this helps.
--
George H