db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ask for guide for saving multilingual character in Derby
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 13:46:34 GMT
On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Crest.Boy <wsxwinter@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> Hi Guys: I am one new comer for derby. I tried many times but failed in
> saving multilingual characters in Derby. I get ? when I want to save Chinese
> characters. Who can provide one simple guide to save multilingual characters
> in Derby? It is better to show me step by step. Thanks a lot in advance!

Sorry - I can't do a step-by-step right now, but the ? characters are
most likely what your console encoding shows, that is, the encoding,
or rather, codepage setting, set on the machine on which you try to
display the characters you retrieve after storing.
Did you insert the Chinese characters using unicode?

Are you on a Chinese machine? Windows? Linux?

Try issuing chcp on the command line, and see what you get, then look
around on the web and find a suitable chinese encoding.

If this doesn't help, I'll try more later, or maybe someone else will
put in their 2c.

Myrna