db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Tyrrell <dbtyrrel...@hotmail.com>
Subject Getting Started with Java DB
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:11:56 GMT

I'm trying to use the above tutorial (http://developers.sun.com/docs/javadb/
but I do not find the subfolders

specified in the tutorial for the first example. I downloaded appserver/derby/netbeans 2 days
ago. The derby version seems to be I am able to create databases, tables, connections
etc in netbeans. Do I need an older version of the tutorial?

ps my real problem is ClassNotFoundException on Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"),

(or if i skip this step (unneccesary according to recent doc.), i get no suitable driver found
on DriverManager.getConnection())

even though derby.jar is in my classpath according to sysinfo.

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web.  Try  Bing™ now
http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try bing_1x1
View raw message