db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started with Java DB
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:27:58 GMT
Hi David,

I would recommend this tutorial if you are using Netbeans.

I think you maybe be missing the toursdb demo directory as I don't recall it
being bundled with the appserver.

What you could do is download a more recent version  ( of Java DB
directly from the Java DB portal to use instead of which is an old
release - toursdb will definitely be in there.

If you are using netbeans, you can verify if derby.jar is added a part of
your project classpath / library - check under your project's properties
(libraries category)

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM, David Tyrrell <dbtyrrellny@hotmail.com>wrote:

> I'm trying to use the above tutorial (
> http://developers.sun.com/docs/javadb/
> but I do not find the subfolders
> \demo\programs\toursdb\
> specified in the tutorial for the first example. I downloaded
> appserver/derby/netbeans 2 days ago. The derby version seems to be
> I am able to create databases, tables, connections etc in netbeans. Do I
> need an older version of the tutorial?
> ps my real problem is ClassNotFoundException on
> Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"),
> (or if i skip this step (unneccesary according to recent doc.), i get no
> suitable driver found on DriverManager.getConnection())
> even though derby.jar is in my classpath according to sysinfo.
> Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web.  Try  Bing™ now
> http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_trybing_1x1

View raw message