db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Evan Leonard <evan.leon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hard upgrade failing?
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:15:53 GMT

Kristian, Myrna,
Thank you for the replies.

Before I try some of your suggestions, can you tell me more about this:

> Or perhaps your 'upgrade=true' connection was not the first
> connection to
> the db with 10.5 jars?

I'm sure that right now I'm connecting in a soft upgrade mode first in
our application. I've added the derby upgrade to the schema upgrade
workflow when upgrading the application. As part of this workflow I
first connect to the db to check the current schema version. If I
understand what you're saying Myrna this won't work as the
"upgrade=true" connection must be the very first one made in the JMV
session to the derby db?

Best,
Evan

On Jun 2, 2009, at 8:10 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@sun.com
> > wrote:
>> Evan Leonard wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Derby Users,
>>>
>>> I have a question regarding hard-upgrading.  I'm trying to upgrade a
>>> database from 10.1 to 10.5.  I'm connecting using 10.5 (see sysinfo
>>> output below) using the ";upgrade=true" connection option. However
>>> after doing so I still see "10.1" being returned from this query:
>>>
>>> values
>>> syscs_util.syscs_get_database_property( 'DataDictionaryVersion' )
>>>
>>> Its as though the hard upgrade isn't upgrading at all, as far as I
>>> can
>>> tell. I don't have any error output in the console. Is there