db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Corrupted database
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:42:36 GMT
>  Anyone adventurous enough to help me with this problem? Even a yes/no
> to the question whether it's possible and maybe some pointers how to
> reconstruct page 0 would be a lot of help I think.

Well, anything's possible, since it's open source software and so you can
change it and make it do what you need. However, this doesn't sound like
a very easy thing to do. You've definitely exhausted all possible sources
of backups?

Here's some fairly high-level information about page formats:
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/pageformats.html

My first thought would be that if you could make page 0 appear to look
as though ALL other pages in the conglomerate were "in-use", so that it
seemed to have no pages marked "available", then you could try opening
the database and reading all the data out.

So you'd like the FreePages bitmap to be empty, for this recovery scenario.

thanks,

bryan