db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Not able to create encrypted database
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:27:45 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> You are, of course, right. As I go back through the thread, I don't see
> any success stories. It might be worth experimenting with a different
> encryption package, like this old package from the JDK 1.3 days:
> http://java.sun.com/products/archive/jce/

That might be a hopeless task, standard Java methods and classes have
been removed from CDC/Foundation, there is probably a significant chance
that the JDK 1.3 security features depend on those classes.

 From a quick look at the JME web-site, it seems that Foundation 1.1
supports crypto, the best approach would be to make the changes in Derby
to support that environment, it may be mainly build changes to allow
Derby to load its crypto support in an CDC/Foundation environment.

http://java.sun.com/javame/reference/apis.jsp
http://java.sun.com/javame/reference/apis/jsr219/

Dan.