db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Not able to create encrypted database
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:51:46 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Kim recently added some useful documentation on the limitations of
> Derby's support for small devices:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/ref/ref-single.html#rrefjdbcjsr169
> As you can see, we do not claim to support encrypted databases on
> small devices.

Thanks Rick for pointing this out and Kim for adding the information. It
is good to see we do have this documented.
>  From this thread it seems that, by wiring encryption libraries into
> the classpath, some people have gotten encryption to work on Derby
> databases on small devices. Of course, as you note, we don't test
> these combinations so there may be some gotchas out there.

Mostly what I have seen on this thread is people that *haven't*  gotten
encryption to work on small devices, but if anyone does get it working
it would  be great to outline how it is done and create an issue to add
a test so it keeps on working.

Kathey