db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Parsing Table columns?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:12:29 GMT
Hi Jim,

I agree with Bryan that you are off to a great start since you realize
that this is a topic which requires some design and thought. Last year I
ran a BOF at SIGSCE on the topic of teaching college level database
courses. It turned out that at American colleges today, the favorite
textbook on this topic is Ramakrishnan and Gehrke's Database Management
Systems:

http://www.agapea.com/libros/Database-Management-Systems-isbn-0071230572-i.htm

A little googling turned up the following slidedeck accompanying this
textbook:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~dbbook/openAccess/thirdEdition/slides/slides3ed.html

Hope this helps,
-Rick