db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Parsing Table columns?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:21:56 GMT
> Are there any guideline articles or books that will help me in designing my tables?

Here's a good place to start:
http://www.google.com/search?q=data+normalization

> I am new to Database implementation and want to do this initial design properly.

Well, you've made an excellent first step by realizing that this is
a topic worth thinking about. Too many people just dive right in,
so you're off to a great start by resisting that urge and thinking
about it first!

After you've thought about it some more, and read some of the
articles that are available, come back to this list with more
detailed questions and you'll certainly find people happy to
discuss this at length.

thanks,

bryan