db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Repairing a corrupted database with invalid checksum on page
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:20:47 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:
> Then you could figure out how important container 1105
> is.  The best case is if 1105 is an index then one need only drop the
> index and recreate it.  From the conglomerate id I think it is an

Once you get your database in a bootable state you can identify the
container with one of the following queries.

For index:
SELECT C.CONGLOMERATENUMBER, C.CONGLOMERATENAME FROM
SYS.SYSCONGLOMERATES C WHERE CONGLOMERATENUMBER=1105;

For table:
SELECT C.CONGLOMERATENUMBER, T.TABLENAME FROM SYS.SYSCONGLOMERATES C,
SYS.SYSTABLES T  WHERE C.CONGLOMERATENAME=T.TABLEID AND
C.CONGLOMERATENUMBER=1105;

Make sure if you hack the server to get recovery to work that you are
working with a copy of the corrupted database.

Kathey