db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Issue with SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_ TABLE
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:25:47 GMT
Sai Pullabhotla wrote:
> Hello,

Hello and thank you for reporting this issue.
> Our application using Derby 10.4 (in embedded mode) has a background process
> that runs the SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE procedure periodically. We
> have been reported the following error while this procedure is being
> executed and a SELECT statement came in at the same time:
>
> 	com.linoma.dpa.dao.DAOException: The conglomerate (71,409) requested does
> not exist.

Mike just fixed a corruption issue related to inplace
compress,https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4239  but my
understanding is that it should not be an issue with offline compress
and also I would expect your database to be unbootable even after you
completely shutdown your application and Derby.    Can you
1) Post the full nested stack trace from the derby.log.
2) Run a consistency check on your database.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseConsistencyCheck
4) Tell us the isolation level of your select statement.
3)   Modify the reproduction attached to DERBY-4239
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12408948/reproBackgroundCheckpoint.zip
to use SYCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE and see if you can reproduce your
issue.  You might need to modify it to add in a select.

Thanks

Kathey