db-derby-user mailing list archives

From kashyup <va...@quantum4d.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate + Derby - Unable to determine stream header for hibernate type 'text'
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:31:54 GMT

Hi kristian,
thanks for logging the bug.
I will try to look for some workarounds.

The CLOB(255) column size limitation is another open bug logged in
Hibernate. As Hibernate's DerbyDialect creates a CLOB(255) for java strings
mapped as type 'text' in .hbm files. I am using the same set of mapping
files on Postgres8.3 and Oracle10g. Type 'text' maps nicely to postgres and
Oracle as type 'text' and 'CLOB' resp

My idea was to let Hibernate create CLOB(255) columns in Derby, and then I
can write an alter column sql to change the CLOB column size. And then run
my app on Derby using the same Hibernate mappings.

Seems like i will have to work on quite a few workarounds.

thanks

kashyup

I want to