db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Cuong <cuong....@kirona.com>
Subject Re: J9 + Encrypted Embedded Database
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:19:28 GMT

Thanks George, but I already tried something similar to this.
In this instance I get the following error
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Encryption algorithm
'DESede/CBC/NoPadding' does not exist
But it will work if using Java1.4

I think the problem is because j9 does not include the classes to decrypt
the database.
J9 does have it's own enryption provider
(com.ibm.j9.jce.provider.J9JCEProvider) but I'm not sure how to use it.  I
tried various things to try and create the database specifying this provider
by to no avail.