db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Cuong <cuong....@kirona.com>
Subject J9 + Encrypted Embedded Database
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:53:31 GMT

Hi,
So far I have an unencrypted embedded database which I can use within an
OSGi bundle running inside the Knopflerfish framework.
This database was created using the ij tool (using Java 1.4)
CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:MYDB;create=true;

This all works fine with even when I'm running with J9 (with JSR169.jar).

Now I need to encrypt this database, therefore I had to change by database
creation script
CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:MYDB;create=true;
		dataEncryption=true;
		bootPassword=we1come;'

The database will be created successfully, but when I try to 'open' the
database (setting the appropriate parameters) I get the following errors

java.sql.SQLException: Encryption algorithm 'DES/CBC/NoPadding' does not
exist. Please check that the chosen provider 'default' supports this
algorithm.
Using Java 1.4 it will all be fine.

Has anyone successfully created and opened an encrypted database using j9?
There doesn't seem to be a definitive guide on how to do this.

Thanks in advance.