db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Sitsky <s...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: Repairing a corrupted database with invalid checksum on page
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:31:36 GMT
> I would suggest considering the creation of a recovery mode where the user
> has access to a simple interface (or command line) and the process is more
> automated and logged.

This would definitely be the best outcome.. as an end-user, being able
to launch something like ij in recovery mode, and to try and
interactively recover the database in a more structured fashion.

For my situation, I was somewhat desperate, so I was happy that even a
"quick hack" was at least possible to formulate.  I imagine until we
have a proper recovery tool, other similar desperate users would
probably be grateful for a "quick hack" assuming they have no other
choice..

--
Cheers,
David