db-derby-user mailing list archives

From James Nas <jam_57_n...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Setting up my derby data base...
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:54:17 GMT
Hello;

     I just started the java scene and installed, JDK1.6.0_14, NetBeans and JavaDB; however,
I am having some issues connecting and running an SQL application, without getting CLASS
errors, so is there some step by step documentation, that's a little more user friendly, that
you could send me, which will get me up and running, my data base applications. I know that
I will probably neeed to set up some type of configuration, but what I am finding, is that
I am probably not doing something correctly. Am I missing something as part of my software download?????,
which will get me up and running???.

     I have reviewed the documentation(Getting Started) and pretty much followed the
steps and got the same errors, for CLASS and uninstalled, removed path changes, derbytutor
instruct and basically, whatever I had done.... Again if by chance you may have any working
step by step doc. examples to send me, please send them to me. I am using windows XP.

     What I am trying to do is setup a data base and access the data base information,
through a Java program, so that at some point, I can create other applications, using various
data bases. I really apreciate your time. I can be reached @ (314)-236-1360.. I am sure that
the solution is simple, but I found that I am wasting alot of time. I have to ask and move
forward....

James C Nash