db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Roscoe" <derek.ros...@lexhold.com>
Subject RE: DERBY 10.5 | Embedded vs Server Based
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:44:09 GMT
Awesome, thank you!

_______________________
DEREK J ROSCOE l director l 1500 bull lea road - suite 110 l lexington,
kentucky 40511-1267 usa
d: 859.243.5734 l o: 859.243.5730 l f: 800.548.6829 l e:
derek.roscoe@lexhold.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM [mailto:Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 9:37 AM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: DERBY 10.5 | Embedded vs Server Based

Derek Roscoe wrote:
> Knut, hi!
>
> Thanks for the response and help.  I truly appreciate it.  Would you feel
> the same way if it were a public website with thousands of users?

Hi Derek,

When you say thousands of users, how many of these are concurrent users?
I think I would still go for the embedded driver, unless you are running
very resource intensive queries against the database that would take up
too much of the application/web server's resources. If the database is
only going to handle login information, I wouldn't be worried.
In any case, in most cases you should be able to easily switch to the
client driver later if that is required for some reason.

Regards,
--
Kristian