db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "tsvetozar ----" <tsveto...@email.bg>
Subject Re: Showstopper bug in 10.5.1.1?
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 13:59:58 GMT
sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to test it some more. here is the stack
trace I am getting:

java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
    at Pxy.refreshProxyLogs(Pxy.java:1727)
    at Pxy.access$1100(Pxy.java:19)
    at Pxy$15.run(Pxy.java:2419)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: ':
java.lang.NullPointerException'.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
    ... 13 more
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLClob.readExternal(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StreamFileContainer.fetchNext(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StreamFileContainerHandle.fetchNext(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.sort.MergeScan.mergeARow(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.sort.MergeScan.init(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.sort.MergeSort.openSortScan(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.openSortScan(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.SortResultSet.loadSorter(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.SortResultSet.openCore(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BasicNoPutResultSetImpl.open(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
    ... 6 more

the query is a simple SELECT * from ... with an order by on an index. there
are 2 clob, 2 blob, 1 long varchar and a few more varchar(with-limit) fields
in table.

sometimes the query fails upon start of program, and sometimes not, without
any specific reason.

late tests showed that if I manually do a refresh from the popup menu (which
executes again the select * query) sometimes it fails. in most cases however,
everything runs OK. failures are quite rare and in 10.4.2.0 version I've never
encountered them.

hope this helps - is this info enough or you need more ?

Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM> написа: