db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject Re: Unexplained exception: temp file cannot be found
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 15:02:40 GMT
Just to update on some of the details:

1. This is on Vista. Not sure whether there is a limit on the number of
open files, but I expect this isn't the problem.

2. The table from which the row is being deleted does not contain any
BLOB or CLOB columns.

3. Potentially there is a cascasde delete involved, but in this
particular case I don't believe there would be any dependent rows that
would also be deleted. Also this delete was not part of a cascade
delete. As far as I can work out all that is involved is the deletion of
a single row. However it was part of a transaction involving other things.

Tim