db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject Re: Unexplained exception: temp file cannot be found
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 08:56:25 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:

> It looks as if the creating of a temporary file failed. Does the path
> exist
> (C:\Users\Csizi\Documents\IJCProjects\ijc-project\.config\localdb\db\tmp),
> and if so, is it writable for this account?
>
> Dag

Yes, the user has confirmed that this directory does not now exist:
C:\Users\Csizi\Documents\IJCProjects\ijc-project\.config\localdb\db\tmp

but that its parent directory does exist, and does have write access
(but this is Vista so strange things could be happening!).

I would imagine that the tmp directory would be created automatically by
Derby when it needed it. It is not normally present.

What would the cause of generating the temporary file?

Tim