db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Bug in Derby 10.5.1.1 or misuse ?
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 15:36:18 GMT
> I can't see what I am doing wrong, but I am not an SQL expert. So, I am
> doing something wrong or is there a problem with Derby 10.5.1.1?

Looks like a bug in Derby to me, unfortunately. It fails for me on the
current Derby trunk, with this SQL submitted to the ij tool:

drop table types;
drop table methods;
drop table methodParameters;
CREATE TABLE types (
   id INT PRIMARY KEY GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY,
   name VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
   shortName VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL
);
create table methods (id int primary key generated always as identity);
CREATE TABLE methodParameters (
   method INT REFERENCES methods (id),
   position INT,
   parameter INT REFERENCES types (id)
);
prepare p as 'SELECT method, COUNT(method) FROM methodParameters      INNER JOIN types ON
parameter = id WHERE name IN (?) GROUP BY
method HAVING COUNT(method) >= ?';

If you could please file an issue in JIRA, that would be great.
http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html

I think this issue is quite possibly related to the work we did for
DERBY-2526, so perhaps you could mention that as a possibility in the
problem report.

thanks,

bryan