db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: FEHLER XJ001: Java-Ausnahme: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 15:15:07 GMT
Kristian Waagan wrote:
> Schueller, Henriette wrote:
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to report a bug.
>
> Hi Henriette,
>
> Thank you for coming to the user list with your Derby problem :)
> Derby uses Jira to track bugs, which you can find at [1].
>
> Also, thanks a lot for providing a repro. I ran it with a debug build,
> and can confirm that it triggers a bug. The rather long stack trace is
> included at the bottom of this mail. Feel free to include it in the
> Jira issue, if you create one. If you don't feel like logging the bug,
> let us know such that a person in the community can do it for you.

I filed a Jira report at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4242

I see Mike Segel tried to help you with rewriting the query, and I agree
doing that is the best way to progress. Removing unnecessary aliasing,
self-joins and predicates would be a good start. This will make it
easier to continue with other improvements, as it will be a lot easier
to understand what's going on.

Regards,
--
Kristian