db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Unexplained exception: temp file cannot be found
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 12:52:28 GMT

> Tim Dudgeon <tdudgeon@informaticsmatters.com> writes:
>

>> I have a report from a user of our app that uses embedded Derby (10.4.2.0).
>>
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Csizi\Documents\IJCProjects\ijc-project\.config\localdb\db\tmp\T1242138251428.tmp
(The system cannot find the path specified)
>>    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
>>    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

I see a similar error in:

The fix for that issue describes it as an incremental improvement, so I
don't know if it could still occur or if  DEFAULT_MAX_MERGE_RUN is
relevant to a delete.

I wonder if upping the file descriptors (usually done with ulimit) would
help in this case.
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/cdevstart39409.html

Kathey

If it is too many open files it would be good to get a reproduction so
we could at least try to throw a better error message.

Kathey