db-derby-user mailing list archives

From wfalby <wfa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Row Locking
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 14:16:53 GMT

My application processes events. These events are sent to registered users.
These events can be deleted when they reach a certain age. There is a thread
to send events to registered users and there is another thread to delete old
events. The thread sending an event should lock it from the thread that
deletes old events. Each thread uses its own connection to the database. In
the sending thread, I've tried using a SELECT ... FOR UPDATE and setting the
ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE on the prepare statement. In both cases, the
thread that deletes events deleted the event being held by the sending
thread. The default isolation level and autocommit options are used.

Thanks in advance...Walter