db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Hai to All - need a help
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:45:40 GMT

sureshnadaraj <sureshnadarajan@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your immediate reply,
>
> While Starting the Master Program I got the following Error Messages
>
> In the Master:
> ===========
>
> SQLException in -->java.sql.SQLException: The log files on the master and
> slave are not in synch for replicated database 'APPSYS_DATA'. The master log
> instant is 1:347927, whereas the slave log instant is 1:347711. This is
> FATAL for replication - replication will be stopped.
> java.sql.SQLException: The log files on the master and slave are not in
> synch for replicated database 'APPSYS_DATA'. The master log instant is
> 1:347927, whereas the slave log instant is 1:347711. This is FATAL for
> replication - replication will be stopped.

One typically sees this error when the master has proceed producing
log after the copy of the database was made to the client.  You need
to freeze the database before making the copy step, cf. the docs here
(#2 and #3):

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/adminguide/cadminreplicstartrun.html

Hope this helps,
Dag