db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Hai to All - need a help
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:49:53 GMT
sureshnadaraj <sureshnadarajan@gmail.com> writes:

> i couldn’t get you exactly. After step 1 we need to close the program coz
> derby is in embedded mode, and database also will be closed right?

You could leave the program running until you have copied the database
and started the slave, and then perform step 4 in the same program that
you performed the freeze in. That's the intended way to start
replication.

If you need to stop the program after step 1, there is one possibility
that have been discussed here before. It's not documented (yet), but in
previous discussions it has been reported to work. Simply replace step 1
with:

1*. Shut down the database with
    url = "jdbc:derby:APPSYS_DATA;shutdown=true"

The clean shutdown of the database before copying it ensures that there
is no recovery to perform when the database is rebooted, and therefore
the master and the slave will be in sync when they are started.

--
Knut Anders