db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Weird
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:58:31 GMT
ArtemGr <artemciy@gmail.com> writes:

> Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@...> writes:
>> There should be another exception linked to the main exception. Look for
>> the string "Caused by:". If you could post that exception too, it would
>> be easier to see exactly where in the Derby code the error happens.
>
> Oh, maybe this one?
> http://gist.github.com/95679

Thanks, that's it! It would be great if you could log a bug report at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY and post the stack trace
there.

> For some reason I can no longer reproduce the bug.
> I don't think I have changed anything,
> except switching to "db-derby-10.4.2.0-lib-debug.tar.gz"
> in order to produce a better stack trace.
>
> (Then I've tried switching back to db-derby-10.4.2.0-lib.zip
> but still no bug).
>
> Could it be I accidentally had a wrong version of Derby?

It looks like it happens during the first compilation of a meta-data
statement. The compiled query plan is stored in the database, so if you
first get it compiled and stored, you'll probably not see the problem
again. Maybe you need to start with a fresh database to reproduce it. Or
perhaps it's related to database upgrade (I noticed that your code
mentioned upgrade=true in one of the comments).

--
Knut Anders