db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Spindler" <bspind...@netuitive.com>
Subject replication (again)
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 17:19:02 GMT
We're using derby as embedded db.  I want to use replication however I'm
having some trouble with the configuration.  I'm reading:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/adminguide/adminguide-single.html#c
adminreplication

and it indicates connecting to the database with certain attributes for
configuring itself (i.e. startSlave=true & startMaster=true etc...).  It
also indicates a procedure such that you have to freeze the database;
start slave; start master (which will inevitably unfreeze and begin
replication).  So with replication would this work:

connect with ij tool

freeze database

shut down database/exit

copy database to slave

start slave

start master with slaveHost=...

Is that it?   I'm also getting a confusing error :

Caused by: ERROR XRE08: Replication slave mode started successfully for
database 'ndb'. Connection refused because the database is in
replication slave mode.

It says started "Successfully" but "Connection refused because db is in
slave mode"

Thanks for any advice/help!