db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby on Tomcat server keeps setting itself to read only
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:01:21 GMT
How are you accessing Derby from the terminal? You mentioned that you are
using IJ but are you opening an embedded connection to Derby or a
client-server one?

If one instance (a separate JVM process such as Tomcat) has already booted
Derby, this last one will only be accessible in client-server mode from
another JVM instance (terminal window running IJ for instance) using Derby's
client network JDBC driver.

Cheers

--francois