db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Weird
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:22:14 GMT
ArtemGr wrote:
> Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@...> writes:
>
>> ArtemGr wrote:
>>
>>> I got the following exception: http://gist.github.com/95205
>>>
>> Hard to say but it looks like a bug. Can you provide some more information:
>>
>> 1) what are the versions of Derby running client-side and server-side?
>>

> 10.4.2.0, embedded.
>

>> 2) can you provide a little standalone program which triggers this bug?
>>

> It happens from inside the DataNucleus JDO,
> I have a small test program in Scala: http://gist.github.com/95253
> but if you need I might try making one in Java.

Thanks, that would help. The following test program runs fine for me on
10.4.2.0:

import java.sql.*;

public class z
{
    public  static  void    main( String[] args ) throws Exception
    {
        z   me =new z();

        me.execute( args );
    }

    private void    execute( String[] args )
        throws Exception
    {
        Class.forName( "org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver" );
        Class.forName( "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver" );
        Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(
"jdbc:derby:derbyDB;create=true" );
        ResultSet rs =  conn.getMetaData().getIndexInfo( "", "", "",
false, true);

        rs.close();
    }

}