db-derby-user mailing list archives

From V Narayanan <V.Naraya...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: master and slave are not in synch for replicated database
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 07:36:01 GMT
Hi Brian,

Shutdown on a frozen database will hang,

Are you doing a shutdown, ctrl+c before copying the DB for replication?

Can you please avoid the shutdown, ctrl+c step?

Have you already seen this
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReplicationWriteup ?

You will find step by step instructions to get replication started there!

Narayanan

On 04/08/09 07:53, Brian Spindler wrote:
> I've tried both:
>
> connect 'jdbc:derby:<db>;shutdown=true';
>
> and
>
> exit;
>
> both seem to simply hang and I'm forced to do Ctrl+C to get back my command prompt.
Does that sound right?