db-derby-user mailing list archives

From mattgaunt <matt.t.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby on Tomcat server keeps setting itself to read only
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:02:58 GMT

Hey everyone,

Im trying to make a website that uses derby for storing user information, I
manually create the tables for the database using the terminal using the
"java -jar /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/db/lib/derbyrun.jar ij" tool.

Everything is fine but when I then try to use the website to retrieve
information from the database it seems to set the database into read only
mode.

I don't know why, and it means when ever I try to alter the database in
anyway I get the following message:

ERROR 25503: DDL is not permitted for a read-only connection, user or
database.

I googled this and found one other person with the same problem but no
solution was found.

My derby.log for the database is:

2009-04-21 10:01:02.933 GMT:
 Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby -
10.3.1.4 - (561794): instance c013800d-0120-c81f-1a78-000002bf8158
on database directory /home/matt/Sites/databases/wheretododb in READ ONLY
mode

Database Class Loader started - derby.database.classpath=''

Which is how I know it's in read only mode and there are db.lck dbex.lck
files in the database directory.

Im new to all this so please be gentle, any help would be great