db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Iwud H8u <iwud...@hotmail.com>
Subject querying two databases in one statement
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 06:21:30 GMT

Hi,

I have data in two different databases D1 and D2. The data in both these
databases is different and except for a single use case, there is no need to
query both databases to compute the results of a single query. The use case
in question is the following:

INSERT INTO D1.TABLE_A (SELECT COL_X FROM D2.TABLE_B WHERE COL_Y = 'EEEE')

I am able to run this query happily and get a result back when I am using
MySQL, however when I migrate the tables to Derby, Derby complains that the
schema D2 does not exist. I have tried opening connections to both the
databases D1 and D2 separately but I still get the same error.

Is this query possible in Derby without actually migrating table TABLE_B
from database D2 to D1?

Thanks,
Jay