db-derby-user mailing list archives

From pawan2009 <psi...@fnfr.com>
Subject Derby take a long time to start
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:06:37 GMT

Hi

We are seeing that occasionally, when our application starts (it uses derby
to store data), derby database can be connected to quickly - but on the very
first query to the database, it takes a long time for derby to come back and
respond. It is as if derby is doing some house work recovering data or
indexing or something. If we let our application run for 20-30 minutes, the
query does complete and after that everything works fine. We see it only
occasionally.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?