db-derby-user mailing list archives

From sivagururaja <sivagurur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Stored Procedure Help!
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:46:25 GMT

Rick Hillegas-2 wrote:
> Hello,
> This is just the special string ("jdbc:default:connection") which tells
> the DriverManager that your code is running inside a server session and
> wants to get a handle on that session. A session has two pieces: 1) an
> external piece which is visible to your application (this is the
> Connection), and 2) an internal piece which is only visible inside
> Derby. The two pieces talk to one another either via method calls (in
> the embedded case) or over a network protocol (in the remote case). When
> your database procedure is actually running inside Derby, you no longer
> have a handle on the external piece. If you want to issue SQL statements
> from inside a database procedure, then you need a special, thin wrapper
> around (2). This thin wrapper is what I mean by the "server-side
> connection".
> Hope this helps,
> -Rick

Thank you Mr.Rick,

It's working fine. Thanks a lot once again. :handshake:
And i have one more doubt. I'm using NetBeans 6.5 with Derby DB

I can able to use the following code without error,
Connection Con1 =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/Test", "uname",

But if i try use like this, it throws "Database 'Test' is not found".
Connection Con1 = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:Test", "uname",

What could be the problem?